What about that juicy & saucy Chicken & Broccoli over the steamy rice? Sounds delicious, right? Probably, you imagine how delicious it will be. So just don’t imagine it, make it at your home & very easily & fast. You just need some ingredients & a good Chicken Broccoli recipe that we are here for.
Within a half-an-hour, your chicken and broccoli recipe will be ready & you can enjoy the juicy chicken and the stir-fried broccoli with steamed rice.
All you need for this quick and easy dinner is a delicious homemade stir-fry sauce, some broccoli, chicken, and a few other vegetables. This recipe is an excellent introduction if you rarely prepare Chinese stir-fries at home. The cooking method is straightforward and requires no wok. So let’s go straight to the Chicken Broccoli Recipe!
Chicken Broccoli Recipe
This low-carb chicken meal recipe can be made in a single pan or skillet. It will just take you 30 minutes to prepare this dish. Let’s get down to the ingredients & directions:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- For toppings: sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts well with salt and pepper before adding them to the pot.
- Chicken should be browned and cooked through in about 5 minutes, with occasional tossing.
- In between, in a small bowl, combine all of the sauce’s components and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the broccoli once the chicken has been fried. Broccoli should be brilliant green in about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and simmer for a further minute, constantly stirring, until the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and mix in sesame oil until incorporated.
- Serve warm, topped with scallions and sesame seeds that have been toasted.
- Now, enjoy with steamed rice and fill your cravings.
Storing & Refrigeration:
You can store and refrigerate the chicken and broccoli for three days. After that, however, put it in an air-tight container and put it in the fridge. You can also store your leftovers in the freezer. Then, thaw them overnight in the fridge and microwave them when you’re ready to eat.
Notes to Take:
- In a stir fry, food is cooked for a short period of time in a hot pan. Prior to starting the skillet, you should have all of the ingredients diced, measured, and readied.
- The rice should be cooked first, then the stir fry, if you plan to serve it with white rice.
- For this recipe, you can use a wok or any heavy-bottomed skillet, but a wok is preferred. It’s a good idea to have cast iron, stainless steel, and carbon steel available.
- The type of pan you’re using significantly impacts the amount of oil you need. If you’re cooking in a nonstick pan, you can get away with using only 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Carbon steel or cast iron pans may necessitate a higher oil content.
- Frozen broccoli can be substituted with fresh if you don’t have any on hand. Place the thawed broccoli on a paper towel to remove any excess water.
So this was the tasty, juicy, and stir-fried Chicken Broccoli Recipe. You can easily make this recipe at home within thirty minutes; you just need to have the ingredients with you. Also, after making the dish, you can store it for three days. So, either eat it hot with steamed rice or keep it for later-day cravings; it’s up to you.
We hope this article was helpful & informative. Please leave your valuable thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!